There’s nothing more off-putting to customers than walking into a dirty restaurant. If the first thing they see when they walk into your establishment is a filthy floor, tables strewn with debris, and unkempt staff, it’s unlikely that they’ll want to eat there. A recent poll of consumers found that a dirty floor alone could make 68% of patrons leave the premises immediately, and never come back. The immediately visible parts of the restaurant are grimy, so it’s natural to assume that the kitchen and bathrooms look even worse. In the age of Yelp reviews, it can be damaging to your business not to hire a restaurant cleaning service.
Beyond the aesthetics, consider the sanitation factor. A grubby establishment can lead to major problems with the department of health, including hefty fines and potential closure. Fortunately, this is an easy fix; all you need to do is hire a professional restaurant cleaning service.
Why Go Professional?
Maintaining the cleanliness of your establishment isn’t something you want to leave in untrained hands. The average restaurant employee hasn’t been instructed in sanitation practices that are required to maintain a healthy kitchen and dining room, and you also need to consider the time it takes to properly clean your establishment. It would be easier—and faster— to simply hire a team of properly trained professionals to complete the sanitization process after you’re closed for the night.
You’ve probably seen untrained employees cleaning tables with filthy rags—rags that they use on the tables and chairs and the floors, indiscriminately. This, of course, is not acceptable. The inattention to sanitation does not go unnoticed by your customers. A restaurant cleaning service will ensure that your establishment is spotless, so your employees can continue concentrating on the quality of the food and providing impeccable service rather than halfheartedly slopping a dirty rag over the tables.
Benefits of a Restaurant Cleaning Service
You might find yourself asking, “What about the cost?” This is a valid question. However, before you dismiss the idea of hiring a restaurant cleaning service, take a look at the advantages to paying for professionals.
- Working Off Hours— We mentioned it before, but it bears repeating; it’s better to do the deep cleaning required to keep your establishment sanitary when your restaurant is closed. You could pay your staff to stay later, but a restaurant cleaning service can do the job faster and better than the folks who aren’t trained to do that sort of work.
- Properly Trained —A restaurant cleaning service is trained in the most current methods of sanitation and cleanliness. Take a look at this health inspection checklist; do you feel confident that your establishment can pass an inspection if the health department showed up today? A professional cleaning crew will give you peace of mind when the inspector appears, searching for violations that can lead to fines or even the closure of your business, not to mention the damage it will do to your reputation should your patrons learn that you didn’t make the grade.
- Refocus Your Employees—Not to say that your employees will never be responsible for cleaning again, but leaving the deep cleaning to the restaurant cleaning service will allow you and your employees to focus on perfecting your business practices.
Before you hire a restaurant cleaning service, you should definitely consider some important points.
- Check Their Credentials— Is the service you’re thinking about hiring properly credentialed to work within your environment? For example, if your restaurant has carpeting, you should definitely make sure that they’re equipped and trained to sanitize the carpeted areas of your establishment.
- Pest Control—Unfortunately, pests are a part of life. Your restaurant cleaning service should be equipped to deal with them, and they should know the best practices for keeping them far from your establishment.
- Liability— Be absolutely sure that the restaurant cleaning service you choose is properly insured, and request that the same team cleans your restaurant. This will not only ensure consistency, but it will also help you establish trust with your team. Checking the service’s Better Business Bureau rating is also a good way to know whether or not the service is trustworthy.
There are a number of reasons to consider hiring a restaurant cleaning service. Imagine the peace of mind you can enjoy if you know that you’ve left the sanitization of your restaurant to a team of highly-trained professionals. If you’re eager to keep your customers coming back again and again, and if you want to maintain a happy relationship with the health department, it pays to pay for a professional restaurant cleaning service.
CSG is armed with the right people, training, products and equipment. We create a custom cleaning program for your restaurant so your staff can focus on what they do best – serving your customers.